From
Level : 13
HP : 0 / 322
MP : 73 / 9769
EXP : 88
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
My Dad taught me all the fundamentals of farming and managing a small farm from the time I could walk.
I learned to plow cotton first behind a mule, and then using a tractor. I had my own income producing fields from the time I was a young boy, until I married and left home at age sixteen. I consider this practical knowledge the firm foundation for the innate understanding of systems which is an integral aspect of all of my life's work.
Education:
1957: University of Tennessee: Engineering
1958: transferred to Georgia Institute of Technology: Architecture
1960: University of Tennessee: Liberal Arts, Pre-med requirements, and Philosophy
1964: North Carolina State University School of Design: Met my two mentors Henry Sanoff Vernon Shogren. Third and Fourth year on Dean's List

Education:
Awards and Recognition
1964: Editor, "Publication of the School of Design", North Carolina State Universtiy Raleigh, N.C.
1965: Graham Foundation Traveling Fellowship
1975: Winner, Design-Build Competition for Union University Student Housing Complex
Jackson, Tennessee
1980: A.I.A. Research Corporation Commission to design a passive solar house
1981: Asked to present findings at Royal Acadmey of Science London, England
1979-85 see addendum re. research and publications regarding my work internationally
1989: Winner Palm Beach County Parade of Homes Palm Beach Chapter N.A.H.B.
Work Experience:
1956: J.C. Price Civil Engineering Memphis Tennessee Rodman and Draftsman
1957: Mechanical Engineering Department University of Tennessee
1958: Leroy Vanover Architect Junior Draftsman
1959- Met and worked for my mentors Hubert Bebb in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and Bruce McCarty
1966: in Knoxville, Tennessee. During these years I began building and selling homes.
1967- Opened Two Collectors Retail Stores in Gatlinburg then franchised in Lexington, Kentucky,
1970: Knoxville, Tennessee. We sold "good design", records and popculture collectables.
1970: Began constructing an experimental house on land my father left me in West Tennessee.
1971: Completed construction of this 10,000 sq. ft. passive solar manse, with indoor swimming pool, 40 ft. tall greenhouse, 14 levels. Discovered the "gravity geo-thermal envelope", the basis for my life's work.
1972- Formed Design Collective, an architectural services corporation primarily to service developer
1975: Watkins Construction, designing and building commercial properties throughout the south.
1976- Founded Ekose'a Inc.San Fransisco: Architectural services publishing energy conserving plans which
1985: implement "the envelope" for heating and cooling buildings without electricity or mechanical systems. I published "Ekose'a Homes", providing stock plans for envelope homes. I opened
seven branch offices offering modification services, books, and plans. (pages 111-112 Ekose'a Homes)
1977- Professor at University of California Berkeley The Graduate School of Design and Planning, Antioch 1982: College, lectured at Passive Solar Conferences worldwide (see addendum pg.111-112 Ekose'a Homes)
1985- John Tesdorff Construction Eurocraft Builders Designer and consultant for Sweedish
1987: Housing Manufacturer: St. Augustine, Florida
1989- Redesigned home plans for Kendall Construction Palm Beach County
1994: Architectural design and constrcution in Palm Beach County
1994- Jill's Objets d'Art Worth Avenue Palm Beach retail art gallery and The Dolphin Dream
2000: wholesale manufacturer of souvenirs for five star resort hotels and historic sites.
1996 Royal Wall Royal Palm Beach, Fl. Designed affordable two piece manufactered molded home

Since I discovered the envelope in 1972 I have been researching ways to sustain life on earth without
using the centralized power grid. My most recent research has led to the development of completely
self-sustaining infrastructures, which float. We call this work EKOTECTURE tm. The structures we call EKOPODS, "pods", or "arks". I delivered my first paper in Tampa in 1994, (Sustainable Construction Proceedings of The First International Conference of CIB TG 16 November 6-9 Tampa Florida University of Florida Charles Kibert editor)
My earliest invention of "the envelope" is a testimony to elegant and simple solutions that work.
These homes have been monitored by Brookhaven National Laboratories, (Department of Energy)and Lausanne Laboratories, Their findings recognize the superior comfort, and health experienced in these dwellings. Ask the inhabitants.
Posted on: Jul. 5, 2007 2:59am,UTC
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.